Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 4, junk food galore

Today is Day 4 of my Whole30 and hopefully it's your day 4 too :)  Things have been going good so far, i've been able to resist whatever has come my way, but it seems like it's been junk food galore.  On day 1, chop chip muffins with a coffee glaze were brought to us and I resisted.  On day 3, TWO boxes of Krispy Kremes, a box of donut holes, a package of double stuffed oreos and a package of mint, along with chocolate milk was brought to work yesterday. (I am a police officer in the air force and right now I pull gate duty, so people that we check the IDs of like to give us goodies to show their appreciation).  Everyone was saying "Come on McNeil, one donut won't hurt you!" - they were taunting me!  Even before the whole30, I was still doing low carb, but I possibly would have had a donut, I think it's harder when you know you are doing this 30 day dealio and you don't want to screw it up!  Here I am, still going strong.
                                                       Here's my food from yesterday:
Breakfast: banana w/ almond butter
Lunch: leftover spaghetti squash with homemade meat sauce
Dinner: Stir-fry that consisted of: pork chunks, asparagus spears, onions, a jalepano, diced mushrooms and spinach.  To season it: Lots of Franks Redhot, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder.
Snacks: strawberries n raspberries, cucumber and guacamole, coconut chips w/ cinnamon, olives and cashews.  Prob too many snacks, but I wake up at around 2:30 normally and I don't go to bed til around 8, so theres a lotta time in-between.
I'm experiencing a lot of people asking how I eat, simply because they find some of my snacks weird, therefore causes questions.  I'm finding many will listen and seem really into and and say "yeah, i need to do something to get healthy", but then as the day dies down, they lose steam and make up an excuse like "well, my wife is really skinny and she eats whatever she wants, so it will be hard".  I try telling him that now is the time to take care of your body so that you don't encounter problems down the road that are linked to a bad diet.  I think i've helped 'convert' (sounds weird), 2 people, but even they are starting to stray and their 'cheats' are becoming more common than their paleo meals.  Paleo/primal/whatever you call it, is a narrow path I guess, but I'm in it for the long haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment